A Publisher’s Note by Allyson Longueira
I’ve decided to do something a little different for this blog. As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving with our friends and families, I wanted to share a few publishing-related things I’m thankful for:
1. A job (seems a prudent thing to be thankful for in this economy)
2. The opportunity (courtesy of said job) to work with some amazingly talented people on some amazingly inspiring projects
3. The innovation allowed by today’s publishing avenues
4. Creativity, and an outlet through which to express it
5. Authors who take risks
6. Really good writing
7. Readers who appreciate these things, too
8. The opportunity to teach what I know
9. The opportunity to learn from the professionals I teach
10. And finally (and in no small part due to my background in journalism), Freedom of Speech
And as you’re reading this blog, I’m sure you have publishing-related things you’re thankful for, too. Please feel free to share them in the comments section of this blog.
Allyson Longueira is publisher of WMG Publishing. She is an award-winning writer, editor and designer.